Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Teacher Tip #3--Back-up Shoes

I'll admit--I've been known to wear uncomfortable shoes just 'cause they're cute instead of comfortable not-as-cute shoes to work.  And at the end of the day, especially if I wear heels, I'm in so much pain! 
 
So, a couple of years ago, I bought a pair of Fast Flats; I keep them tucked away in my classroom in case I ever need to slip them on.

They look like actual shoes but they don't provide much padding.  Even though they don't have the padding, they're much better than spiky heels!
My campus is spread out like a "mini" college campus.  It takes me 5 minutes just to walk my students to the playground for recess.  We have to hike up a huge hill and around a couple of buildings to get there.  Imagine doing this in heels!?  My Fast Flats have saved me from pain on sooo many occasions. 

New teachers: make sure you have some back-up shoes in your classroom.  I remember when I student-taught, my cooperating teacher kept a pair of slippers under her desk.  She would slip into them during her planning period or whenever she had a few minutes at her desk.  Trust me, you'll want some back-up shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment